Popsicles are absolutely essential for summer! So if you stumble on these Chocolate Avocado Pistachio Popsicles, you’d definitely be ending your summer with a sweet bang! Plus, they are vegan! Hello!
I love ice cream; I love popsicles; I love sherbets; I love gelatos. I basically love sweet treats that are frozen and creamy. What I love even more is when my frozen sweet treats are healthy and also easy on my tummy, and that my dear friends are exactly what these popsicles are. They are sweet, yummy and good for the tummy!
Throughout the summer months, I always came across several amazing popsicle posts from other bloggers on my Instagram and Pinterest accounts. I mean that’s no surprise considering popsicles are a summer favorite. However, I always felt like I was missing out on creating these beautiful popsicles because I didn’t have a popsicle mold…. or the standard mold at least. I remember creating a similar popsicle recipe years ago when I was still fairly new to blogging, but the popsicle mold I had purchased at the time came with the plastic reusable sticks and they somehow disappeared.
Also, my photography back then wasn’t the greatest, so I apologize in advance for the awful lighting, mediocre presentation and basis editing skills. After all, life is all about growth right?! Anyways, I decided it was time for an upgrade, so I ordered the popsicle molds with wooden sticks, tweaked my older recipe, and improved my editing skills. Only the best for my lovely readers!
Nevertheless, these chocolate avocado pistachio popsicles were so good! The avocado replicates a creamy texture similar to ice cream, so you enjoy the perks of a creamy popsicle with less calories and zero animal products for those who are vegan. It really is a win win cream-tuation! See what I did there? Okay no more puns.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1.5 cups creamy almond milk (I used almond breeze)
- ½ cup golden cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup crushed pistachios
- ¼ cup melted vegan chocolate (I used Enjoy Life)
- In a blender, add avocado, milk, sugar and vanilla and puree until smooth. Pour mixture into a 10 stack popsicle tray and top the base with pistachios. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Take the popsicle tray out of the freezer and leave at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Take the popsicles out of the mold and drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve!