When you have leftover blueberries and you don’t want them to go to waste, you could pop them in the freezer, or use them to make this Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf! I’d say the latter is the better option, but that’s just my opinion. Plus, it’s gluten free!
I’m currently fighting off a summer cold, which sucks big time. Let’s face it, it’s a little odd getting a cold in the summer. Unless you’re purposely creating a winter wonderland in your apartment, (which I’m sort of guilty of because I do love my air conditioning in the summer) having a summer cold sucks because you’re in the minority. Everyone else is outside enjoying the sun while I’m cooped up in my winter wonderland wrapped in a blanket with a cup of honey lemon tea, lots of tissue and Family Guy reruns on Netflix. So, I decided to make myself somewhat useful by making this yummy blueberry lemon yogurt loaf. Yummy treats for me! Yippee!!
Every time I go grocery shopping in the summer, I always make sure I stock up on summer fruits. Fruits like peaches, nectarines, berries, kiwis, lychee and even exotic fruits are always in abundance during the summer months. I find that having a variety of fruit lying around gives me the inspiration to create fun summery recipes while incorporating them, and I also just love eating fruit. Lots and lots of yummy juicy fruit!
One of the many things I loved about this recipe was how moist and cake-like it was. It actually has a similar texture to the lemon pound cake from Starbucks. However, my version is much healthier! This blueberry lemon yogurt loaf is gluten free, has less sugar than the Starbucks version and is loaded with fresh and delicious blueberries! Happy Baking!
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup avocado oil
- ½ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (or orange)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (or orange zest)
- ⅔ cup + 4 tablespoons monk fruit sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups oat flour (or AP Gluten Free flour)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (or cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ⅔ cup fresh blueberries, plus more for topping
- Erythritol powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F and lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan or three 6x3 mini loaf pans. Set side.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, oil, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, starch, baking powder and salt and whisk again until combined, then fold in blueberries.
- Gently pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula until all the edges are evenly covered. Top with additional blueberries if desired. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- When ready, remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool on the counter for about 10-20 minutes before popping it out of the pan. Dust with powdered sugar if using and serve.