With only one month left of summer, there’s no way I can cruise through the next few weeks of summer full of heat and sangrias without any ice cream. This Pistachio Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream is on the menu today because its vegan, refined sugar free, certified delish and no churn necessary.
I can’t believe we’re already in August. It literally feels like summer just started and with a blink of an eye, it’s almost over. This summer has been one of the busiest I’ve ever had that I don’t think I’ve gotten the chance to have as much fun outdoors as I would like, but who’s complaining? I went on an amazing trip to Thailand in May, so even if I don’t get around too many more summer activities, I’m still content. By the way, my vacation post is coming, I haven’t forgotten!
However, I’m definitely not slacking when it comes to summer treats. Wine spritzers, shaved ice, gelatos, funnel cakes, and of course, the almighty ice cream. On warm days, scorching hot days, and even on cloudy or rainy days, ice cream is my go – to guilty indulgence, especially pistachio or praline ice cream which are my two favorites. Sometimes I even have affogato for dessert because I also love coffee, so combining two of my favorite things seems like the right thing to do. As much as I like to treat myself, I prefer to not always cave to my cravings because moderation is key. But hey, I’m human, life happens, and I get peckish. No RAGRETS (not even a single letter).
So, after a little bit of research and experiments of my own, I came up with this pistachio chocolate chunk ice cream. It’s vegan, free of refined sugars, and is an overall healthier and delicious alternative you can enjoy without the guilt. The best part about this recipe is that you don’t need an ice cream maker. All you need is:
- A blender
- A loaf pan
- Foil paper
- Lots of patience while you wait
That’s it! Get ready to indulge and feel great about it.
- 2 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup raw pistachios, plus a little extra for topping
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chunks, chopped (I used Enjoy Life)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add almond milk, avocado pistachios, maple syrup and vanilla in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a loaf pan and stir in chocolate chunks. Top with extra pistachios and cover the loaf pan with foil paper. Transfer to the freezer for 3-4 hours. Enjoy when ready.