As the weather gets warmer, lets brighten things up a little with this yummy sweet treat! This Nectarine Pistachio Galette has the fruity and creamy yumminess with all the spring feels, and, it’s vegan!
I am having quite an amazing week so far. We’re finally getting lovely spring weather, I’m hitting all my deadlines for work, and in less than a week, I’ll be frolicking on a beautiful beach with good friends and mai tai’s in the Phi Phi Islands in Thailand! Definitely no complaints from this happy girl, at least not yet.
My wonderful week actually started the moment this nectarine pistachio galette came out of the oven and into my mouth. The crust alone was so flakey and amazing, and the nectarine filling had the perfect amount of sweetness. However, the addition of the pistachios on the crust was basically the icing on the cake (more like the nut on the pie). Anyways, bad joke, but you get it.
Galettes are basically a rustic French version of a traditional pie. In my opinion however, galletes are easier to make, and also look prettier depending on how you serve it. Imagine whipping this out for your hungry guests and watching their jaws drop, while you smile in sweet satisfaction and casually humble brag about how you just “threw something together.” Well, technically, you kinda did!
I’m no stranger to this delightful dessert. From my Fig Blueberry Honey Galette which was featured on Buzzfeed, to my Kiwi Honey Galette which was featured in Cooking Light, it’s safe to say that I’ve mastered the art of galette making, or more accurately, galette baking. I’ve also mastered the art of galette eating! And you will too once you try this recipe. Plus, it’s 100% vegan!
- For Crust:
- 1¼ cups light spelt flour, chilled
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup cold vegan butter (or 1 stick unsalted butter)
- ¼ cup plain almond/coconut yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup ice water
- For Filling:
- 4 ripe nectarines, sliced (or 1½ cups cherries, berries)
- ¼ cup monk fruit sugar
- 1 tablespoon aquafaba (acts as “egg” wash), or 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup pistachios (for topping), or sliced almonds
- Vegan ice cream for topping (I used So Delicious Cashew Milk Vanilla Ice Cream)
- For the crust, add flour and salt to a large bowl and mix. Cut in the butter into the bowl and combine with a pastry blender until a coarse meal forms. In another small bowl, whisk together coconut yogurt, lemon juice and ice water and add to the flour mixture. Using your fingers, mix in the wet ingredients until large lumps form before patting it into a ball. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- In a separate bowl, toss nectarines and sugar together.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured countertop, roll out the dough into a 12-14-inch round. Transfer the dough to the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the nectarines in the dough, leaving a 2-inch gap around the borders of the dough. Fold the borders over the nectarine filling, pleating the edges to hold it together. Brush the dough with the aquafaba wash. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Sprinkle the galette with pistachios and top with vegan ice cream. Serve and enjoy!
6 Comments Add yours
Hmmm weekend baking beckons! Although I work as a beer meister but i find that baking relaxes me on my days off. Let me just have a go at this recipe and hopefully email you the outcome if you don`t mind
Of course! I’d love to get your feedback
I love your good styling skill and this website is all I could ask for to get ahead with healthy living. Just started following you on instagram &Facebook and boy do I feel empowered?
Thank you! I’m honoured😊
This Pistachio galette is all I could ask for in a pastery. i would like to follow the recipe and see how it turns out.
Thank you! Would love to know how it turns out for you😊