Chocolate is always a win in my book! So when the cravings kick in, indulge in these Vegan Macadamia Cherry Clusters. They are vegan, gluten free, and loaded with nutty and sweet goodness!
I think it’s safe to say that chocolate is the answer to all the worlds problems. Okay not really, but it’s definitely the solution to all my sweet tooth cravings. Frankly, I appreciate all kinds of chocolate. You can literally throw me the darkest of dark chocolates and I will eat it simply because, well, it’s chocolate! Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, nutty chocolate, caramel chocolate, fruity chocolate…and the list goes on. I love chocolate. You get it.
The best part about these macadamia cherry clusters isn’t the fact that their vegan and yummy, but how easy they are to make! Seriously, creating this masterpiece didn’t even take that long, although it was quite messy because working with chocolate is always a messy affair. But hey, the end result was totally worth it. I mean as I’m writing this post I’m snacking on a piece while watching the final episode of Bates Motel! If you guys are a huge fan of the series as I am, then you will agree that it is heartbreaking to say goodbye to this amazing show, and that the cast could all use some chocolate in their lives after a stressful series. I am a huge fan of Psycho by Alfred Hitchcock, so watching a series that executed the movie in a better format was definitely amazing to experience.
But anyways, now that it’s over, it’s back to Netflix and chocolate. You guys may be wondering how a white drizzle that most likely could be white chocolate could be vegan. Well, I have a surprise for you, it is vegan! The white chocolate drizzle is actually melted raw cocoa butter mixed with a little stevia, vanilla extract and cornstarch. You don’t have to add the drizzle if you don’t want to, but it sure makes it pretty.
For those of you who have a long week ahead and need a hearty release, go on and eat some of vegan macadamia cherry clusters!
- 1.5 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- ¾ cup salted macadamia nuts (more if needed)
- ¾ cup dried unsweetened cherries (more if needed)
- For white chocolate drizzle (optional):
- ¼ cup melted raw cocoa butter
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- Fill a deep skillet with water until it is half full and place on the stove over medium high heat. Bring water to a boil and place a glass bowl on top of the skillet. Add chocolate chips and vegan butter into the bowl and stir with a spatula until melted. Remove the bowl from the skillet and transfer to the counter.
- Mix in macadamia nuts and cherries and stir until the nuts and cherries are evenly coated. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and using a tablespoon, scoop the chocolate mixture on the baking sheet. Let the clusters set at room temperature or transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes to set quicker.
- Once the clusters are set, melt the white chocolate drizzle by placing the cocoa butter in a microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave for 40 seconds or until melted. Remove from microwave and mix in stevia, vanilla and cornstarch until smooth. Using a spoon or a pastry brush, drizzle the white chocolate on the clusters and let it set for about 10 minutes. Enjoy when ready.