Of course it’s common to eat cake for breakfast, and even better when it’s good for you. This yogurt cake is glutenfree, high in protein (contains Greek yogurt), moist and delicious! The addition of the orange adds a unique flavor and great aroma. So go ahead and enjoy a slice of cake for breakfast!
1 3/4 cups brown rice flour
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
2/3 cup organic cane sugar
Zest of 1 ripe orange
4 tbsp orange juice (squeezed from orange)
2 organic cage free eggs
½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup melted virgin coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar and orange zest together, then use your fingers to rub the sugar and zest together until the sugar is moist and fragrant.
3. Add eggs to sugar and zest and whisk until pale and frothy.
4. Add Greek yogurt, orange juice and vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until well combined.
6. Use a spatula to fold in the melted butter into the batter until the batter is glossy.
7. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
8. When ready, transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
9. Serve when ready.
Recipe modified from Dish by Dish