Let’s celebrate tacos with these Buffalo Sriracha Cauliflower Tacos. Seriously, they are a vegetarians dream! And boy are they spicy.
I’m pretty sure you guys thought these were spicy chicken nuggets at first glace. Well fooled ya! At least I’d like to think so. It feels so good to know that you can still enjoy tacos without meat or fish!
One of the things I enjoy about cooking with cauliflower is how diverse it is in recipes. Not only does cauliflower have versatile flavor, but it’s also quite nutritious and low in calories! One serving of cauliflower alone provides almost all your essential vitamins and minerals and also contains anti-inflammatory nutrients. Cauliflower also has a low fat and carbohydrate content, so you really cannot go wrong with it! Plus, it fills you up.
This was a super fun recipe to put together. I never imagined that putting cauliflower in tortilla wraps would be so delicious. The best part about this recipe is that the cauliflower bits still maintain a chewy-tender texture that mocks chicken, beef or fish. For the ultimate taco experience, I lightly toasted the tortilla wraps to give it a bit of a crunch. You don’t have to toast it as a soft shell would work just fine, but I find that a toasted tortilla wrap adds a nice crunch and also a slightly smoky flavor.
In other news, did anyone checking out the solar eclipse this afternoon? I sure did and it was amazing! Especially since this was the first total eclipse in over a century! I waited in line for over two hours and sat in the hot sun with my friend for about another hour just to get a view of it…totally worth it! We only got about a 75% view of the solar eclipse in Toronto, but that was good enough for me!
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into large florets
- 2 cups almond flour (or panko bread crumbs)
- 2 organic cage free eggs
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup grape seed oil
- ⅓ cup Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 small multigrain tortilla wraps, toasted
- Kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise, or spread of choice
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with foil paper. Lightly grease the foil paper with cooking spray.
- Place almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and sea salt in one bowl. Place eggs in another bowl and whisk. Dip each cauliflower floret in the almond flour, then the egg mixture, and back in the almond flour and place them on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the cauliflower florets in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower starts to brown. When ready, remove from oven and set your oven settings to broil.
- Make your buffalo sriracha sauce. Heat oil, sriracha and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until cooked, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and dip cauliflower florets into the sauce until evenly coated. Transfer coated cauliflower florets back to the baking sheet and return to the oven. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Assemble spread of choice, kale leaves and cauliflower florets on toasted tortilla shells. Serve.