These Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies are also low in sugar and high in fiber and protein!
Basically, if a cookie and a brownie had a baby, this would be the marvellous result. I’ve seen recipes like these on so many websites lately and i’ve always wondered two things. First, who came up with this amazing idea? And secondly, do they accept hugs? Because i’m giving them!
What I really admire is how creative people can get with food. The most interesting thing I find when researching about food is that it is always evolving, and there is always a market for it. I mean I guess it’s safe so assume that making vegan peanut butter cookie brownies isn’t the most mind blowing thing on the planet. However, its not traditional or boring and that keeps things interesting. Oh and did I mention just how yummy these were? I’ll get to that in a bit.
Now, lets talk about this recipe. Although I love all sweet treats equally, It can be tricky “healthifying” a recipe so that it matches the healthy criteria. But even though you make a recipe vegan, gluten free, paleo or sugar free, that does not necessarily make it healthy. The trick is to watch out for the sugar and sodium content in order to determine just how healthy they are. also, portion sizes are necessary to stay on track with your health and or fitness regiment. These vegan peanut butter cookie brownies contain a moderate serving of coconut brown sugar and they are low in sodium. The key word is moderation. Also, I’m pretty sure you can combine your favorite brownie and cookie recipe together to replicate this recipe, or feel free to follow my version. Enjoy!
FOR THE BROWNIES:
1/2 cup pure coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
1 tbsp. chia seeds
6 tbsp. warm water, divided
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup light spelt flour
1/3 cup pure cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
FOR THE COOKIE:
1/3 cup raw cane sugar
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 tbsp. chia seeds + 3 tbsp. warm water
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup smooth organic peanut butter
1 cup light spelt flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Brownies:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×5 inch baking pan with parchment paper. To make the parchment paper stick to the pan, lightly grease the pan with coconut oil or cooking spray. Place the parchment paper in it until it sticks to all the edges.
2. Mix flaxseed meal and chia seeds in separate bowls with 3 tbsp. of warm water. let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the coconut sugar and melted coconut oil in a bowl until smooth, then stir in flaxseed meal, chia seeds and vanilla extract.
4. In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Stir the wet mixed ingredients into the dry ingredients until incorporated. Pour the brownie batter into the pan and set aside.
For the Cookies:
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together grapeseed oil and sugar.Then add the chia seeds, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and mix until incorporated.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt and then add to the wet ingredients to form a dough.
7. Lightly grease a tbsp. with coconut oil and drop scoops of peanut butter cookie dough onto the brownie batter.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it passed the toothpick test. Let it cool for 20 before cutting into bars.